EtymologyAbbreviation of "narcotics officer"
NARC, narc or nark may refer to:
- Narcotic, an addictive drug derived from opium
- NARC (song), a song on Interpol's album Antics
- Narc, an Orc-like character in the parody Bored of the Rings
- Narc (film), a 2002 film about dirty cops involved in policing the drug trade
- Narc (narcotics), a term for a narcotics agent (including undercover) or police informant or simply a person who notifies authorities of illicit activity, betraying someone in the process. In the past couple decades it has become a term to mean a tattletale.
- NARC (video game), a 1988 arcade game and its 2005 update.
- NARC (magazine), a music magazine based in Newcastle, UK.
- Party Pooper
- Colin Curtis
- nitrogen narcosis, or getting "narc'd", is the altered state of mind commonly experienced by divers.
- Navan Animal Rescue Corporation, a not-for-profit rescue organization in Ottawa, Ontario, www.narc-charity.ca
- National Advertising Review Council, a US organization providing self-regulatory services to the American advertising industry
- National Rainbow Coalition, a Kenyan political party
- Non-Automatic Relay Center, formerly a station in a military communications network where teletype operators transferred messages using paper tape
- National Association of Railway Clubs, an association of sports and social clubs in England, Scotland and Wales
- Norfolk Amateur Radio Club, a amateur radio organization Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada
- National Agricultural Research Center, a United States federal government research facility in Beltsville, MD
narc in Japanese: NARC
Bow Street runner, FBI, FBI agent, Federal, G-man, MP, Secret Service, Sherlock Holmes, T-man, bailiff, beadle, beagle, bear witness against, betray, betrayer, blab, blabber, blabberer, blabbermouth, blow the whistle, bound bailiff, captain, catchpole, chief of police, commissioner, constable, delator, deputy, deputy sheriff, detective, fed, federal, fink, flic, gendarme, government man, hotel detective, house detective, house dick, inform against, inform on, informer, inquiry agent, inspector, investigator, lictor, lieutenant, mace-bearer, marshal, mounted policeman, officer, operative, patrolman, peace officer, peach, peacher, plainclothesman, police captain, police commissioner, police constable, police detective, police inspector, police matron, police officer, police sergeant, policeman, policewoman, portreeve, private detective, private investigator, rat, reeve, revenuer, roundsman, sell out, sergeant, sergeant at arms, sheriff, sleuth, snitch, snitch on, snitcher, spy, squeal, squealer, stool, stool pigeon, stoolie, store detective, superintendent, talebearer, tattle, tattler, tattletale, tell on, telltale, testify against, tipstaff, tipstaves, treasury agent, trooper, turn informer, whistle-blower